Please see Technology coverage changes in CAST AIP 8.3.x for more detailed discussion of this subject.
Installation and deployment
CAST Server Manager - CLI
Two new commands have been added - see Automating CAST Server Manager installation tasks for more details.
|Note that -INSTALL_CONFIG_FILE and -UPGRADE are deprecated and you should use the above commands instead.|
This option is equivalent to the Schema Installation option in the GUI for "combined" and will:
- create a combined installation from scratch (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas)
- provide a means to specify any additional extensions that need to be installed to the new combined installation (over and above the extensions that are always installed with CAST AIP)
- configure the Delivery folder path for the combined installation (not currently used)
This option is a multi-functional command that is aimed at two scenarios:
- Upgrade an existing combined installation (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas) to a new release of CAST AIP - equivalent to the Upgrade Installation option in GUI.
- Install new extensions, upgrade existing extensions or deactivate existing extensions to an existing combined installation (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas) - equivalent to the Manage Extensions option in the GUI.
- A combination of the above can also be run.
CAST Transaction Configuration Center