On this page:
|Summary: CAST AIP 8.3.8 introduces a number of features and changes as listed below. To view the impacts of these changes on analysis results, see: Changes in results post upgrade.|
Technology support changes
Please see Technology coverage changes in CAST AIP 8.3.x for more detailed discussion of this subject.
Maven discovery limitation removed
The limitation documented here has been removed when using the JEE analyzer with CAST AIP ≥ 8.3.8.
Installation and deployment
- Upgrade an existing combined installation (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas) to a new release of CAST AIP - equivalent to the Upgrade Installation option in GUI.
- Install new extensions, upgrade existing extensions or deactivate existing extensions to an existing combined installation (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas) - equivalent to the Manage Extensions option in the GUI.
- A combination of the above can also be run.
A change has been made to the upgrade batch script - previously it was necessary to specify a <mngt_prefix> in CASTUpgrade_Schemas.txt. This option has been changed and now it is necessary to specify the full name of the Management Service schema:
CAST Transaction Configuration Center
Values for previous snapshots will not be impacted by this new option, which is in contrast to excluding objects in the Evolution Enhancement node, which is global to all snapshots.
Objects can be set as "technical" in any of the sub-nodes of the Excluded Items node:
Enhancement node - exclusion behavior change
In CAST AIP 8.3.8 the behaviour of exclusions in the Enhancment node was changed as follows:
- In CAST AIP ≥ 8.3.8 this exclude option will impact only the current snapshot (when you click the Recompute checksums and snapshot statuses option) and any future snapshot data. Existing snapshots are not impacted.
- In CAST AIP ≤ 8.3.8 this exclude option will impact all snapshots (existing, current and future).
Enhancement node - layout changes
The button Recompute checksums and snapshot statuses has now been removed and is now available as a right click menu option on the snapshot:
A new option is available in the right click menu to view the excluded objects in the selected
This dialog is then displayed: the Processed in snapshot column indicates the status of the object's exclusion in the current snapshot and the Exclude type column shows how the object was excluded (through a "set", or manually in the Enhancement node):
A right click on an object in the Show excluded objects dialog and then selecting Snapshots will display a new dialog listing the exclusion status of the object in each snapshot where the object is present (Processed column):
The Keep existing exclusion checkbox has been removed from Shared objects exclusion dialog box. Now the objects identified by the sharing counter will be excluded and appended to the already existing exclusion objects. If needed, you can un-exclude any objects in the Enhancement Panel:
Additional column "ORIGIN" displayed in AETP export list
When using the Export List of Objects button in the Enhancement node, a new column has been added to the output .CSV file. This column is called "ORIGIN" and indicates:
- RULE: Objects that have been captured through a set
- MANUAL: Objects that have been manually excluded