On this page:
What's new in 1.8.0?
In what situation should you install this extension?
The analyzer provides the following features:
- Automated Function Point counting.
- Checksum, number of code lines, number of comment lines, comments are present.
- Local and global resolution is done when function is called directly through its name (inference engine resolution is not available).
- For global resolution, caller is searched in all .js files. If only one callee is found, a link is created. If several callees are found, the analyzer watches inclusions in html files to see if it can filter the callee. If nothing is found in html files to filter, links are created to all possible callees.
|*.html, *.htm, *.xhtml|
|Cascading Style Sheet||*.css|
Supports CSS 1 - 3.
|Java Server Page||*.jsp, *.jspx|
Supports JSP 1.1 - 2.3.
See JSP below for more information.
|Active Server Page||*.asp, *.aspx|
See (Classic) ASP below for more information.
|ASP.NET MVC Razor||*.cshtml|
See ASP.NET MVC Razor below for more information.
Note that you may find that the number of files delivered is more than then number of files reported after analysis. This is due to the following:
Technology support notes
ASP.NET MVC Razor
Transaction configuration information
HTML5 source code: it represents the whole HTML file content.
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing||Security|
CAST AIP release
|7.3.4 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
Once the extension is downloaded and installed, you can nowpackage your source code and run an analysis. The process of packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code is described below:
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner:
CAST Management Studio analysis content
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|HTML5 Source Code|
|HTML5 Source Code Fragment|
|HTML5 ASP Content|
|HTML5 ASPX Content|
|HTML5 CSHTML Content|
HTML5 CSS Source Code
|HTML5 CSS Source Code Fragment|
|HTML5 HTC Content|
|HTML5 JSX source code|
HTML5 Web Socket Service
ASP.NET Any Operation
HTML5 Get XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Get HttpRequest Service
ASP.NET Get Operation
HTML5 Razor Get service
HTML5 Update XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Update HttpRequest Service
ASP.NET Put Operation
HTML5 Post XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Post HttpRequest Service
ASP.NET Post Operation
HTML5 Razor Post service
HTML5 Delete XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Delete HttpRequest Service
ASP.NET Delete Operation
The list of rules is available here:
- Creation and detection of object using "prototype" is not supported