On this page:
In what situation should you install this extension?
The analyzer provides the following features:
- Automated Function Point counting.
- Checksum, number of code lines, number of comment lines, comments are present.
- Local and global resolution is done when function is called directly through its name (inference engine resolution is not available).
- For global resolution, caller is searched in all .js files. If only one callee is found, a link is created. If several callees are found, the analyzer watches inclusions in html files to see if it can filter the callee. If nothing is found in html files to filter, links are created to all possible callees.
|*.html, *.htm, *.xhtml|
|Cascading Style Sheet||*.css|
Supports CSS 1 - 3.
|Java Server Page||*.jsp|
Supports JSP 1.1 - 2.3.
See JSP below for more information.
|Active Server Page||*.asp, *.aspx|
See (Classic) ASP below for more information.
|ASP.NET MVC Razor||*.cshtml|
See ASP.NET MVC Razor below for more information.
|Note that by default some files are automatically excluded from the analysis, typically third-party frameworks which are not required. Please see the filters.json file located at the root of the extension folder for a complete list of default exclusions.|
Technology support notes
ASP.NET MVC Razor
Transaction configuration information
HTML5 source code: it represents the whole HTML file content.
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
CAST AIP release
|7.3.4 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS2||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner:
CAST Management Studio analysis content
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|HTML5 Source Code|
|HTML5 CSS Source Code|
|HTML5 CSS Source Code Fragment|
|Java Server Page (JSP) Content|
|Active Server Page (ASP) Content|
|Active Server Page .NET (ASPX) Content|
|HTML Component Content|
|Razor Template View|
|HTML5 Web Socket Service|
HTML5 Get XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Get HttpRequest Service
HTML5 Update XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Update HttpRequest Service
HTML5 Post XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Post HttpRequest Service
HTML5 Delete XMLHttpRequest Service
HTML5 Delete HttpRequest Service
The list of rules is available here:
- Create object thanks to prototype is not supported