On this page:
|Summary: Information about the C and C++ File Discoverer 1.1.x for the CAST Delivery Manager Tool. This extension is a file discoverer.|
CAST highly recommends that you use using the CPP Compilation Database Discoverer extension instead of the C and C++ File Discoverer where possible.
The CPP Compilation Database Discoverer extension detects projects based on the presence of specific build compilation output files and their content. It can be used in conjunction with:
Please see: C and Cpp File Discoverer - 1.1 - Release Notes for more information.
Only one project is created per package when C or C++ files are detected (i.e. one project is equal to one Analysis Unit) - the following are supported:
- *.c, *.pc, *.ppc
- *.cpp, *.cc, *.cxx
This project will use the name of the top-folder that contains C or C++ files. As such, given the following folder structure (for example):
|Note that even if the extension is activated, NO project will be created when at least one Microsoft C/C++ .vcproj or .vcxproj project definition file definition is identified in any location under the root path (including recursive sub-folders).|
CAST AIP Upgrade
When upgrading from CAST AIP 7.0.x to a compatible version (see section below), the java projects already discovered in CAST AIP 7.0.x and all previous configuration changes made in the CAST Management Studio will be preserved.
New in this release
The C and C++ File Discoverer 1.1.x brings the following update over previous releases:
- File extensions that are taken into account by the C and C++ File Discoverer are now taken directly from the CAST AIP language definition, rather than being hard coded in the discoverer itself.
- The following file extensions are now taken into account:
- C files: *.c, *.pc, *.ppc
- C++ files: *.cpp, *.cc, *.cxx
- NO project will be created when at least one Microsoft C/C++ .vcproj or .vcxproj project definition file definition is identified in any location under the root path (including recursive sub-folders).
CAST AIP Core release
|7.3.5 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Download and installation instructions