- The CAST Management Studio can be launched as follows:
- Either by selecting the CAST Management Studio shortcut location in the Windows Start menu (created when running the CAST Security setup)
- Or by navigating to the CAST Security installation folder and double clicking the CAST-MS.exe application
- The Database Connection Manager will then be displayed:
- During a combined installation process (simultaneous installation of all CAST Security schemas - see Create CAST Security schemas), CAST Server Manager will automatically create a connection profile to the Management Service schema (<prefix>_MNGT) you have created.
- Select the connection profile in the list, and then click Connect.
- The Startup Wizard will then be displayed.
|Please note that only one single instance of the CAST Management Studio should be used with one single Management Service schema. CAST does not recommend using multiple instances of the CAST Management Studio (on different workstations for example) to interact with the same Management Service schema. Data : data corruption is highly likely and cannot be repaired.|
- In order to function correctly, CAST Security requires various folders that are used to store source code, logs and temporary files. The location of each folder is particularly important, in particular, the CAST AIC Portal must also be able to access the Source Code Delivery Folder.
- Source Code Delivery Folder - a central location for storing successive and compressed versions of an application's source code as packaged by the Delivery Manager(s)
- Source Code Deployment Folder - a location used exclusively by the CAST Management Studio to store the most recent version of the application's source code for analysis in uncompressed format
- Logs folder - a location used to store logs of all interaction with the Analysis or Dashboard Services.
- LISA (Large intermediate storage area) / LTSA (Large temporary storage area) - location to store temporary files generated during the analysis process
- By default, the following paths listed in the table below will be preloaded into each field - you are free to leave the paths at their defaults or customize them as required:.
- Make your choice and then click Finish to complete the Startup Wizard.
- The CAST Management Studio will then be displayed.
|Source Deployment||%SystemDrive%\CASTMS\Deploy||A storage location that is only accessed by the CAST Management Studio, as such CAST recommends the use of a "local" folder on the CAST Administration workstation (i.e. the machine on which the CAST Management is installed).|
Use this option to define a log directory in which to store logs of all interaction with the Analysis or Dashboard Services. Once defined, the following log files are generated:
This option enables you to define a location (i.e. a folder) on your local hard drive that can be designated for use by the CAST Management Studio to store miscellaneous files generated during the analysis process. These files will still exist once the analysis is complete.
Once a location is selected using the browse option, a sub-folder called LISA will automatically be created. Generated files will then be stored in the LISA folder.
This option enables you to define a location (i.e. a folder) on your local hard drive that can be designated for use by the CAST Management Studio to store temporary files generated during the analysis process. These files will be removed once the analysis is complete.
Once a location is selected using the browse option, a sub-folder called LTSA will automatically be created. Generated files will then be stored in the LTSA folder.
Please note the following additional information:
Via the CAST Management Studio CLI
- Once the settings have been successfully initialized using the command line interface, opening the CAST Management Studio and connecting to the Management Service in question for the first time will NOT cause the Startup wizard to be displayed.
- It is possible to use the CLI interface to update all settings EXCEPT -sourceDeliveryFolder and -sourceDeploymentFolder once they have already been set either via the Startup wizard or via the CLI.