|Summary: This guide provides information about configuring the CAST SAP Extractor NG (New Generation) to generate files for the ABAP Analyzer. These files will allow the analyzer to identify objects and links in the ABAP code and in the SAP dictionary.|
About the CAST SAP Extractor NG
Finally, performance has been significantly increased in comparison to the previous version: more information can be extracted much more quickly.
For these reasons, the SAP Extractor has been renamed SAP Extractor NG.
Packaging and delivering output generated by the CAST SAP Extractor NG
Once the extraction is complete, the files must be fed into the CAST Delivery Manager Tool for packaging. The CAST SAP Extractor NG will output its results to a single ZIP file (containing both ABAP and SAP tables/views source code), either to the SAP instance or to the local machine on which the SAP extractor is executed. In all cases:
- the ZIP file containing the extracted source code needs to be transferred to a location that the CAST Delivery Manager Tool can access (i.e. a Windows machine or a network share)
- the ZIP file must be unzipped to disk on a Windows machine (i.e. you cannot provide the ZIP file to the CAST Delivery Manager Tool)
Note that for the CAST SAP Extractor NG, only the “Files on your file system” option in the CAST Delivery Manager Tool can be used to package the results of the SAP Extractor. The existing “SAP” option in the CAST Delivery Manager Tool only works with CAST SAP Extractor 7.0.3 or earlier.
Structure of the guide
The CAST SAP Extractor admin guide is split into two distinct parts:
To better understand the information provided herein, you should:
- Have a good working knowledge of SAP (instructions are provided in this document that explain how to carry certain processes in your SAP instance)
- Make sure you have reviewed the Release Notes or any additional release-specific pre-requisites
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the extractors corresponding to your version of SAP and your version of CAST
The guide has been moved. Please see CAST SAP Extractor NG.