- CAST recommends that an official PostgreSQL RDBMS (the RDBMS used in the CAST Storage Service) is installed on a 64bit Linux Operating System to take advantage of improved performance over CAST Storage Service installed on Windows. Please see deploying CAST Storage Service on Linux for more information.
- Support for CSS 2.0.x / PostgreSQL 9.2.x will be withdrawn in CAST AIP 8.4.x since the underlying PostgreSQL database (9.2.x) reached End of Life in September 2017. Please see: https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/.
- Support is available for connecting to CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL instances running in encrypted SSL mode. See SSL encrypted mode configuration for CAST Storage Service and PostgreSQL.
Support is available for PostgreSQL 12 and 13 (64bit) as storage, i.e. AIP schemas can be created on this version and analyses will run as expected. Some prerequisites do apply:
- Minimum required release of CAST AIP core: 8.3.29
- Minimum required release of specific extensions - same as for PostgreSQL 10 and 11 - see below.
- Support is available for PostgreSQL 10 and 11 (64bit) as storage, i.e. AIP schemas can be created on these versions and analyses will run as expected. Some prerequisites do apply:
- Minimum required release of CAST AIP core: 8.3.16
- Minimum required version of specific extensions: