|CAST Imaging up and running||Your designated CAST Imaging instance MUST be up and running when you attempt this since AIP Console will attempt to connect using the defined settings when the Save button is clicked. Only one CAST Imaging instance can be configured in AIP Console to accept data.|
|CAST Imaging / ETL releases|
This feature requires the following minimum releases of CAST Imaging or the standalone ETL Tool used with an older release of CAST Imaging:
|CAST Imaging user with the ADMIN role||At least one CAST Imaging user must be configured with the CAST Imaging ADMIN role (see Admin Center - Users panel) - this user should be specified in the AIP Console settings panel as explained below.|
|CAST Imaging license must be valid||You must ensure that the license applied in CAST Imaging is valid.|
AIP Console ≥ 1.26
|When using AIP Console ≥ 1.26-funcrel an API Key is required to access CAST Imaging. This API Key is only supported in CAST Imaging ≥ 2.5.2-funcrel.|
Enter the URL to your CAST Imaging instance, including the port number if appropriate, for example:
|API Key||Paste in your CAST Imaging API Key. You can find out how to generate one in Admin Center - API key generation and usage. Note that the API Key should be generated for a user that has the CAST Imaging ADMIN role (see Admin Center - Users panel).|
AIP Console ≤ 1.25
Saving the settings
Use the Save button to save the settings you have entered - AIP Console will check that the settings are correct at this point. If AIP Console can successfully access the CAST Imaging instance using the settings you have entered, a "success" message will be shown, otherwise a "failure" message will be shown in which you will need to check the settings you have entered:
The Publish to CAST Imaging option will be enabled in the run analysis/snapshot wizard:Click to enlarge
When the Publish to CAST Imaging option is selected when adding a new version, a new corresponding step will be visible in the analysis/snapshot process:
The CAST Imaging icon will be visible in the AIP Console - Application Management screen for both new Applications and rescan of existing Applications:
To ensure that your data is uploaded to your CAST Imaging instance, tick the Publish to CAST Imaging option when adding a new version, or running a new snapshot/analysis:
What happens when the Application data already exists in CAST Imaging?
Domain and tenant synchronization
|Information valid for AIP Console ≥ 1.26-funcrel, which requires CAST Imaging ≥ 2.5.2-funcrel.|
In AIP Console ≥ 1.26-funcrel it is possible to choose to synchronize your AIP Console domains with equivalent CAST Imaging tenants. In other words, if your Application belongs to a domain in AIP Console, you can optionally upload the Application to a tenant in CAST Imaging with the same name as the domain. This is achieved by enabling an option in the
aip-node-app.properties file located on the AIP Node responsible for analyzing your Application:
Locate the following section and set the
synchro.domains.imaging.enabled option to true:
# ============== CAST Imaging configuration -------------- set to true if you want that your Console domains becomes CAST Imaging tenant and that your application be imported into a tenant in Cast Imaging corresponding to the domain in Aip Console synchro.domains.imaging.enabled=false
aip-node-app.properties file and then restart the AIP Node package in order for the configuration to be taken into account. All applications managed by the AIP Node in question will now be synchronized to equivalent tenants in CAST Imaging, if they belong to a domain in AIP Console. You should repeat this action on all AIP Nodes where you want the same to be true.
Additional notes about domain and tenant synchronization
synchro.domains.imaging.enabledoption is in the default false position, the Application will be uploaded to the default tenant in CAST Imaging, or the current tenant in which the Application is currently stored if it already exists in CAST Imaging, regardless of whether the application belongs to a domain in AIP Console or not.
synchro.domains.imaging.enabledoption is in the true position, the following will occur:
- If the Application belongs to a domain in AIP Console and the Application is not yet present in CAST Imaging, the Application will be uploaded to a tenant in CAST Imaging with the same name. If the equivalent tenant does not already exist in CAST Imaging, the tenant will be created.
- If the Application belongs to a domain in AIP Console and the Application is already present in CAST Imaging in a tenant with the same name, the Application will be uploaded to that same tenant and merged.
- If the Application belongs to a domain in AIP Console and the Application is already present in a different tenant or the default tenant in CAST Imaging, the Application will be uploaded to a new tenant matching the domain name in AIP Console. In this case, the Application will exist twice (or more) in CAST Imaging. It is the end user's responsibility to manage domains and tenants.
- If the Application does not belong to a domain in AIP Console, the Application will be uploaded to the default tenant in CAST Imaging (if it does not already exist in CAST Imaging), or the current tenant in which the Application is currently stored (if it already exists in CAST Imaging).
- If a domain in console has a ? or / in its name, or if its name is less than 3 characters long, the equivalent tenant will not be created in CAST Imaging (since this naming syntax is not permitted in CAST Imaging) and the Application will be uploaded to the default tenant.