- The rule is still listed in the Assessment Model so that results for previous snapshots can be viewed in the CAST dashboards
- The rule has been renamed and "DELETED" has been added as a prefix
- The rule will no longer be triggered in any new snapshots taken with 8.3.23 or above therefore changes in grades/overall numbers of violations may change
- The rule will no longer contribute to any parent Technical Criteria
Mainframe - Cobol
Never truncate data in MOVE statements - 7688
A bug has been fixed with regard to the Cobol rule Never truncate data in MOVE statements - 7688 and a change has been made to the way in which numeric signs are handled to avoid false positive violations of the rule:
- The first "-" is now considered as the sign.
- Commas are now detected as decimal points.
As a result of these changes, some impact to existing results is to be expected when re-analyzing existing source code: false positive violations will be reduced, therefore changing grades but providing improved accuracy.