Where can I obtain the CAST Dashboard Package?
You can obtain the individual dashboard .WAR/.ZIP files from CAST Extend. Search for "dashboard" and filter on "Product". Choose the dashboard you require:
From release 2.0 onwards, CAST will deliver a ZIP file for each CAST Dashboard, alongside the traditional WAR file that has always been delivered. The ZIP file is a method of deploying the CAST Dashboards based on Spring Boot and does not require a web application server (the application server is embedded in the ZIP itself). The aim of the ZIP file releases is to simplify and speed up the deployment of the CAST Dashboards. The deployment and configuration of the Spring Boot based dashboards differs slightly to the steps required for traditional WAR files.
You may also wish to read the following information:
CAST strongly recommends deploying the WAR/ZIP files alongside any existing deployed dashboards.
In a "side-by-side" deployment, you will need to transfer the details of your environment (stored in the configuration files such as web.xml/context.xml/.properties/other .xml/.json files) from the existing dashboard to the new.
|The structure, content and location of configuration files may change between releases of the dashboard, so you should not perform a merge or overwrite configuration files - instead you must manually update the new configuration files with the details from the existing configuration files.|
If you have made configuration changes to tiles via .JSON files and you want to retain those changes in the new version of the dashboards, you can re-use old .JSON files with the new deployment of the dashboards, however please note that doing so will mean that you will not benefit from any improvements or features added to the new release of the dashboard.
Installation, deployment and configuration details are shown below:
Required configuration options are available in Required configuration options:
Children Display page Required configuration options
Advanced configuration options are shown below. This includes information about modifying tiles, messages, tags and categories:
Learn about the deployment process - this includes understanding what you need to prepare, the installation process, transitioning to it from legacy deployments of CAST AIP and updating/upgrading to new releases.
To perform a successful deployment in your organization, it is important to understand:
Two scenarios are available:
- If you are a new CAST customer or if you are standing up new hardware specifically to onboard a new Application, you can perform a New customer installation
- If you are an existing CAST customer already using "legacy" CAST AIP and you are planning a transition AIP Console to onboard a new Application:
- you can re-purpose your existing "legacy" CAST AIP deployment and perform an Existing customer installation
- you can also Import an Application managed with CAST Management Studio into AIP Console
Information about how to upgrade to a new release. The following components/packages can all be upgraded independently:
- AIP Console package (including "embedded" Dashboards), AIP Node package and deployed RestAPI war file
- AIP Core analysis engine on target AIP Nodes
- Applications to new AIP Core release (schema upgrade)
- CAST Dashboards in standalone mode
Information about how and what to back up.