|You will also require "create new repository" privileges in the CAST Extend organization. If you cannot create a repository, please request this privilege.|
A new repository for your extension is required to store both the source code and the extension documentation. To create one:
- Fill in the required details for the repository:
- Use the extension's "ID" for the Repository name, i.e. com.castsoftware.uc.nameoftheextension as explained in Prerequisites and top-tips for creating a custom extension
- Set the repository to public
- Tick the Initialize this repository with a README option
- Choose a license - we recommend the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0 (this can be created later if necessary, see License).
- Click the Create repository button
A license is mandatory. CAST recommends that you use the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0 - this can be created at the same time as you create the new repository (see above), or after:
- In GitHub, navigate to the main page of the newly created repository.
- Click the Create new file button: