Ensure you have read all Release Notes accompanying CAST products for any last-minute information. In particular, please read: Supported Platforms, Supported Character Sets, Hardware Requirements, Functional Information and Technical Information.
Ensure that the machine to be used for the CAST Administration workstation meets all hardware and operating system requirements (see Appendix - CAST Administration workstation installation and hardware requirements)
Ensure that your user login on the CAST Administration workstation has sufficient user privileges to install applications (see Appendix - CAST Administration workstation installation and hardware requirements)
Make sure that the CAST Administration workstation can access any necessary network resources (such as a machine to be used to host the Storage component)
CAST AIP is delivered in a ZIP file. Make sure you have the required ZIP file ready and unzipped.
Make sure that you disable your anti-virus software prior to launching the CAST setup.exe
- Right click the setup.bat file located in the folder created during the unzip process:
If you need to install CAST AIP on a large number of workstations (10+, 100+ PCs) in exactly the same way, you may consider the possibility of automating this process using the command-line parameters of the setup module. This will launch the setup installer unattended.
CAST Storage Service
|This method runs the installation in CLI mode. Note that local Administrator rights are required to run the setup - as such you may need to run the Command Prompt (cmd) with the "Run as Administrator" option, or, if you are running the script in a batch file, you may need to run the batch file with administrator rights.|
- On the workstation on which you want to install the CAST Storage Service, open the Command Prompt (cmd). Change the folder and/or directory and/or drive to that containing the CAST Storage Service setup.bat file (this is located in the root folder that is created from the CAST Storage Service zip file):
- Enter the following commands in the cmd window, changing the various options to suit your installation:
set SILENT=/s setup.bat /qn INSTALLDIR="<INSTALLPATH_CSS>" CSSPORT="<CSS_PORT>" DBDATADIR="<INSTALLPATH_CSSDATA>"
|This method requires you to perform the installation you require and then outputs the selected options to an .iss file which is then reused in subsequent automated installations.|
- Choose Run as Administrator in the contextual menu
- When the installer loads, ensure that the Upgrade option is selected as shown below, then click Next (note that if you are installing CAST AIP 8.2.2 or above in "standalone" mode without any any previous installation of CAST AIP present on the workstation, this screen will not be shown):
- Accept the License Agreement and then click Next
- Click OK to continue the installation process.
- On completion, the Service Pack will have been installed and you will be given the choice to launch the CAST Update Tool enabling you to start the upgrade process - you will need to follow the Upgrading CAST AIP guide to upgrade CAST AIP 8.2.x databases/schemas to be compliant with the new Service Pack. Untick the option if you do not want to launch the CAST Update Tool at this time, then click Finish to complete the process:
- A message will be displayed stating that the installation process was successful: