- The Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core will continue to exist and will be shipped "out of the box" with AIP Core.
- Critical bugs will continue to be fixed in the Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core but no new features or functionality will be added.
- The Mainframe Analyzer extension will have exactly the same features and functionality on release as the Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core, therefore analysis results will be identical.
- The Mainframe Analyzer is compatible with AIP Core ≥ 8.3.26.
- All future development of the Mainframe Analyzer (new features, functionality etc.) will be completed in the Mainframe Analyzer extension only. Critical bug fixes will be fixed in the Mainframe Analyzer extension (as well as the analyzer embedded in AIP Core).
- The behaviour is as follows:
- Nothing is automatic - for both AIP Console and "legacy" CAST AIP deployments, the Mainframe Analyzer extension must be manually downloaded and installed in order to use it (* see note below)
- If the extension is installed, CAST AIP Console/CAST Management Studio will automatically detect that it exists and will use the extension rather than the analyzer embedded in AIP Core.
- Once the extension has been installed and used to produce analysis results, it is not possible to reverse this choice by removing the extension and re-analyzing the source code again.
Starting AIP Console 1.26, if Mainframe source code is detected by AIP Console during delivery, the Mainframe extension will automatically be downloaded and installed replacing the Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core. If you do not want this to occur, you must blacklist the Mainframe extension using the
Features / support added in the extension
|A green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported.|
|Quality and Sizing||A green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist.|
CAST AIP core release
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP core (see table above)|