The purpose of this document is to explain how to use AIP Console 1.9.0 to on-board applications and process them along the source code version deliveries efficiently with minimum manual actions.
The complete workflow is based on below mentioned steps:
- Define global settings
- Register the application and analyze a version
- Validate the analysis results
|The different actions presented here have been done with AIP Console 1.9.0.|
Before you get started, you need to define a few global settings in AIP Console.
Define global settings
If you intend to manage multiple applications with common settings, you may define parameters at a global level. So, they remain applicable for all applications.
|You need to have administrator permissions to access and define settings in Admin Center.|
To define global settings
- Go to Admin Center.
2. Go to the SETTINGS page.
Most of the AIP analyzers are now packaged and delivered as extensions. Before each analysis Console checks for updated extensions automatically.
You may set extension version range that you want to use for all applications. Before analysis, AIP Console will verify and update the extension accordingly.
|You may change the default settings by enabling force extension installation or by enabling extension white list.|
For more details refer Settings Extensions Strategy.
Analyzers draw links for static calls and dynamic calls. You need to review the dynamic calls links to validate the correct ones and ignore the incorrect links.
To Validate Links
- Go to the Default Dynamic Links Rules section.
- Click ADD, to add a "DL Filtering rules" file.
|Once set, this filter is automatically implemented each time an analysis is performed for all the applications. You can also specify the DL Filtering rules files that needs to be used and apply specific DLM.XML files for a specific application.|
Register the application
To register an application
- In the AIP Console main page, click Add new app button.
- Enter your application name and click ADD. The application registration process is initiated.
Console notifies when the application registration is complete.
In the Inventory section, you can define the technologies programming languages and frameworks that are used in the application.
- Click ADD button.
2. Select the appropriate technologies for your application from the list of programming languages and frameworks and tick the cases corresponding to the files extensions that are used.
3. Click SUBMIT to validate the section.
|This will allow you to verify if the source code versions, you received, contain only the expected technologies.|
Analyze the application
To analyze an application in AIP Console, get the source code as a ZIP file from your application team.
To analyze the source code
- Go to Versions section.
- Drag-and-drop the ZIP file into the section.
3. Rename the new version, if you want, and click ADD.
AIP Console uploads and processes the source code ZIP file, and you can see the below icon changing during the process.
While processing the source code, AIP Console:
- Discovers the technologies and associated languages and frameworks
- Identifies, downloads, and installs the required extensions
- Creates corresponding packages
- Executes the analysis and snapshot computation automatically
A notification appears to confirm that the analysis is complete and successful.
After the analysis is complete, you can check and validate it. AIP Console provides various ways to validate the results.