On this page:
Summary: This section provides information about what you need to do in the event that the ID of an extension you are actively using has been modified.
As part of the process of deploying the CAST Extend website, it has been necessary to modify the ID of some existing User Community/Labs extensions that have been available for some time via the CAST Extension Downloader.
This has been done to ensure that the existing extensions now conform to the various naming constraints as described in Extension description file. Modifying the extension ID essentially creates a "new" extension, even though the content will not change.
On this page:
What has been renamed?
For the extensions listed below, the extension ID and the root extension folder have been modified as follows:
|Previous folder/ID||New folder/ID|
|com.castsoftware.ColdFusion 1.0.0-funcrel||com.castsoftware.uc.ColdFusion 1.0.0|
|com.castsoftware.Perl 1.0.0-funcrel||com.castsoftware.uc.Perl 1.0.0|
|com.castsoftware.Progress 1.0.0-funcrel||com.castsoftware.uc.Progress 1.0.0|
|com.castsoftware.ps.powercenter 2.3.0-beta5||Extension retired.|
|com.castsoftware.ps.powercenter 2.3.1-funcrel||com.castsoftware.uc.powercenter 2.3.1|
What should you do if you are actively using an extension that has a modified ID?
In all situations, there is no need to re-download and re-install an extension that you are actively using and that has been modified. However, you should be aware of the following information:
Extensions not installed via CAST Server Manager
If the extension that has been modified does not require any installation in the CAST AIP schemas with CAST Server Manager (i.e the extension simply provides a new configuration file etc.) then you just need to be aware that the extension ID and the root extension folder will have changed for this extension. If the extension is re-used in an automated way after it has been downloaded, then scripts may need to be adjusted to take into account the new extension ID and root folder name.
Extensions installed via CAST Server Manager
If the extension that has been modified requires installing in the CAST AIP schemas with CAST Server Manager, and you wish to re-download and re-install the extension in schemas where the extension is already installed, then you should proceed as follows:
CAST AIP 8.x.x
- Launch CAST Server Manager from the Windows Start menu and connect to the CAST Storage Service or commercial RDBMS that is hosting your existing CAST AIP schemas.
- Right click the "combined group" schema (marked "v830_1122" in the image below) or any of its associated schemas and then select Manage Extensions:
- Find the extension that has been renamed and is already installed, and then select Deactivate in the drop down list:
- The summary screen will show the proposed extension deactivation.
- Click to Proceed to start the deactivation process.
- On completion, your chosen extension will have been deactivated.
- Now you can download the re-named extension and install it as normal, ensuring that you select the correct renamed extension!
CAST AIP 7.3.x
In CAST AIP 7.3.x, the "Manage Extensions" feature does not exist in CAST Server Manager, therefore the process is slightly different:
- First browse to the following location on disk and remove the existing extension root folder: <CAST_AIP_installation_folder>\CustomPlugins - you may want to cut and paste the folder to some other location instead of deleting it.
- Download the re-named extension and install it as normal - the installation process will overwrite the existing extension in the CAST AIP schemas.