If you are an existing CAST customer already using legacy CAST AIP and you are planning a transition to CAST AIP Console, then you can re-purpose some existing deployments and perform an existing customer installation:
- AIP Core already installed
- CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL already installed - declare this server(s) when installing the AIP Node package(s)
- CAST Extend Offline - optional
- AIP Console/AIP Node packages:
- install the AIP Console package on a dedicated server
- install the AIP Node package on each legacy CAST AIP instance to enable it for use with AIP Console
- CAST Dashboards - with regard to dashboards, the choice is yours:
- Use standalone dashboards - re-purpose your existing deployed dashboards and reconfigure connection settings
- Use dashboards embedded in the AIP Console package
The steps required for an existing customer installation are as follows:
|Get the installation media
|Download the required software components from CAST Extend.
|Install latest release of AIP Core on all nodes
You can optionally ensure that the most recent release of AIP Core is installed on all "nodes". Note however:
If you have existing Applications managed via "legacy" CAST Management Studio, you will need to perform an Application upgrade to ensure these existing Applications can still be managed with CAST Management Studio.
|Install CAST Extend local server or Offline - optional
|CAST Extend Offline is only required if (due to security concerns for example) your organization cannot interact over the public internet with CAST's Extend system for Extension management. This package provides CAST's Extend system as an "offline" component which can be installed as an on-premises solution.
|Install AIP Console and AIP Node packages
|Initial configuration steps
|Install CAST Dashboards - existing customers
At the current time there are two methods available for deploying CAST Dashboards (Health/Engineering) - each option has its advantages and disadvantages.
|Access AIP Console
When the installation is complete, access AIP Console using the following URL. Ensure you specify the correct server (change "server") and port number: