This guide is intended for Application Teams that need to submit an application for analysis with CAST AIP. This short video provides a high level introduction to how the CAST tools (AIC Portal and the Delivery Manager Tool (DMT) ) support the extraction, validation, and delivery of application source code for analysis in CAST AIP.
How do I deliver my application’s source code for analysis?
This section provides an overview of the code delivery process, a step by step guide to using the CAST Delivery Manager Tool. For an overview of the Source code delivery see Source Code Delivery Process.
Key Points For Using DMT:
Press the REFRESH button immediately upon starting DMT every time.
Additional DMT configuration instructions which must be taken into account are included in the relevant pages under Application Source Code Extraction section.
DMT file system paths must point to a subfolder you must create, per DMT package name, under your application’s code drop location which will contain the relevant source code copied there.
Passwords specified in DMT the Remember Password setting must be set to SERVER for future automation purposes.
- Single Sign On credentials (Username and Password) must NOT be used.
Source code delivery step-by-step
Review the following pages for a general step by step walk-through of the DMT delivery process. Check section 3.2. for detailed instruction on how to the deliver your technology specific source code package:
- How do I download and install the CAST Delivery Manager Tool
- How do I create a new application source code version
- How do I add a source code package to my delivery
- How do I create a package for an application database
- How do I package the Version
- How do I validate and fine-tune my Version
- How do I deliver the application Version for analysis
- How do I deliver a new Version of an application
- How do I automate the delivery of future Version of the applications
How to extract and package a database schema
- How do I extract and package a DB2 UDB (Linux, Unix, Windows) schema?
- How do I extract and package a DB2 zOS schema?
- How do I extract and package a MS SQL schema?
- How do I extract and package a Oracle schema?
- How do I extract and package a Sybase schema?
How to extract and deliver the Application source code
- How do I deliver source code when not stored in a supported SCM
- How do I extract and deliver a Mainframe application source code
- How do I extract and deliver an SAP application
- How do I extract and deliver source code stored in SVN
- How do I extract and deliver source code stored in TFS