How to move physical data files from one drive to another one to change the tablespace:
- Create a folder for tablespace in the drive where you want to keep data files in pgAdmin.
- Create a new tablespace and set the location in the drive to above folder in pgAdmin. e.g. – abc_cast
- Create a temporary database. e.g. temp_db .abc_cast tablespace need to be affected to temp_db database
- pgAdmin needs to be closed after Step-3
- Alter current database – We need to change its tablespace.
Command - psql -p 2280 -d temp_db -U operator –c "ALTER DATABASE postgres SET TABLESPACE abc_cast "
- Verify tablespace folder. This should contain the data files. You can confirm by checking the size of the folder.
- Verify by accessing different schema .
- After validation delete the temp. database created.
PostgreSQL Views that can be used for Monitoring purpose:
Please refer to the official documentation of PostgreSQL which lists all the views and their description. They can be used to monitor the statistics of the database - PostgreSQL Statistics Monitoring.
Please check the pre-requisites of deploying CSS2 and AIP and at least have the minimum hardware requirement available as stated in this document of target deployment scenario as per the deployment scenario.