This page will help you solve problems related to Enlighten and will guide you to troubleshoot problems you may face when using Enlighten.
Enlighten is a component of CAST AIP that will graphically display and explore the structure of an application and its code interdependencies, according to the information gathered during the code analysis and stored in the CAST Knowledge Base.
For more information, refer to:
- For CAST 8.3.x: ENL - Enlighten
- For information on the component: Information Guides >Information Guides by CAST AIP Component > Enlighten
- Select the section you are interested in:
- If you do not find the information you are looking for or solution for your problem, in this page, contact CAST Technical Support and provide below relevant input to help CAST Support team investigate your problem or procure the required information.
- CAST Support Tool (CST) - alias Sherlock : Database Backup, source code and log files are requested
- Screenshots showing the problem
- Explain what is expected and the step-by-step scenario
Some of you have a new crash with old or new builds of Enlighten while opening Enlighten or when displaying properties F12 (with all CAST releases). This is related to a new security update which impacts MSHTML.dll (used by Enlighten to display web pages)
To overcome this you can follow one of the below solution:
- Please uninstall from Installed Updates (from 8th July 2014) : KB2962872 For more information, see Security Update stops IE11 from functioning properly.
- A new Microsoft update corrects this problem. Please make sure your machine if fully up-to-date (with update KB/2976627). Enlighten should be working fine.
- For more information on the new update that solves this issue:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2976627
Note :This is not a CAST issue.