This page will help you solve problems related to using CSS Upgrade Wizard Component.
The CSS Upgrade Wizard is used for upgrading from CAST Storage Service (CSS) version 1 to CSS version 2 (CSS1 to CSS2). CSS2 was introduced in CAST 7.2.X and is a requirement to use CAST 7.2.X or above. CSS1 is used in CAST 7.0.X
For more information, refer to:
- For 8.3 : Official documentation - Upgrade process
|Microsoft SQL Server|
- Select the section you are interested in:
- If you do not find the information you are looking for or a solution for your problem, in this page, contact CAST Technical Support and provide the below relevant input to help CAST Support team investigate your problem or procure the required information.
- For any graphical output or operations, please provide screenshots with clear view of the entire screen so that we may understand the problem better
- For command line operations, please provide the entire command line you are using so that we can see all the options you are using
- The logfiles from the operation you were performing (see the section 'Check the logs to see the messages and possible errors' below for more details on this)
Check The Logfiles
When using the CSS Upgrade Wizard, please check the logfiles to see the messages and possible errors that might have been generated during running this utility.
For information on the logs, see the CSSTools component log page here: CAST Management Studio - Information - How to find logs
CSS Upgrade Wizard
This section will list the issues concerning using the CSS Upgrade Wizard.
CASE 1: PMX file Corrupted
There has been currently one reported issue of a PMX file being corrupted after using the CSS Upgrade Wizard. This was fixed in CAST 7.3.0. More information can be seen here:
CASE 2: Errors while Running the CSS Upgrade Wizard
There are currently no known issues with errors while running the CSS Upgrade Wizard.