This page will help you solve problems related to using CSS tools for managing CAST Storage Service (CSS) databases.
The components which are part of CSS tools are:
For more information, refer to:
- Official documentation: CAST Storage Service - Maintenance activities
- Online-help - pgadmin: Help->Help Contents, then enter keywords 'Restore'. 'Backup', or 'Maintain a Database Object'
*Observed in CAST AIP
*Observed on RDBMS
|Microsoft SQL Server|
- Select the section you are interested in:
- If there is a problem with using the CSS Tools, the postgresql utilities that are installed as part of the CSS service can be used as an alternative. These utilities are located in the bin directory of the CSS installation area <css_install_directory>\bin
- For backup, you can use pg_dump (documentation here: PG_DUMP)
- For restoration, you can use pg_restore (documentation here: PG_RESTORE)
- If you do not find the information you are looking for or solution for your problem, in this page, contact CAST Technical Support and provide the below relevant input to help CAST Support team investigate your problem or procure the required information.
- For any graphical output or operations, please provide screenshots with clear view of the entire screen so that we may understand the problem better
- For command line operations, please provide the entire command line you are using so that we can see all the options you are using
- The logfiles from the operation you were performing (see the sections in the component pages 'Check the logs to see the messages and possible errors' for more details on this)
Ticket # 10904