Running the Analysis
The pre-requisites that need to be followed.
- .Net framework need to be installed at customer side.
- Resource package needs to be packaged properly.
- If the code is VB.Net make sure to compile the code before packaging it in DMT.
Configure the analysis
Please follow the below steps to configure the analysis:
Open CAST-MS and check the deployment folder path
- Map the source code path in order to respect the deployment defined in Client Configuration
- Go to the current Version tab and check the path of AU whether it is mapped to the same path of the deployment folder
- Check all the tabs in the CAST-MS for different configurations done by customer, make sure you have the same configuration otherwise your analysis will fail at some other step and you will end up with different issue.
- Check in the Content enrichment tab if Tools after analysis and Tools before analysis is configured.
- Check if we have any architecture model configured so we need to have the same configuration at our side.
Issues because of the customer code
If customer provides the source code:
Put the complete source code in the mapped deploy folder and run the analysis.
If customer provides only couple of .cs or .vb files as requested by support, then we need to create a corresponding project by using those files provided by the customer.
How to create a project for reproduction
So in order to create a project in .net we have to use Visual Studio:
Select new project > Console Application > <Project name>
VS will create a new project and then we need to add the files and then refer those files provided by the customer in the created project file, as shown below:
We have added 2 files Test_file1.cs and Test_file2.cs in the project file and referred.
We need to package the file and run the analysis and check if the issue is getting reproduced.
If user is reluctant to provide the complete source code but they can give only couple of files which has an issue then as explained in the page above you need to use visual studio to create a project and join the files provided by customer followed by packaging, delivering, accepting the package and running the analysis.
You cannot create user defined analysis unit for .Net technology