This page will guide you to troubleshoot the problem you may face while running the analysis.
For more information, refer to:
- Official 8.3 Documentation - Run and validate the analysis
Information Guides > Information Guides by CAST AIP Component > CMS Snapshot Analysis
Error Free Logs - CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analysis for Technology - Error Free Logs - CAST AIP 8
Perform the following steps:
- Check first whether the analysis is performed in a supported way. Go to Supported platform and covered technologies that are in the https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DOC83 Release Note. For instance, for 8.3 :
- Covered technologies described in : Covered Technologies
- Get the analysis log file and identify the type of issue : CAST Management Studio - Information - Type of issues
When running an JEE analysis and a .NET analysis in the same application, the logs can potentially be overwritten. To remedy this, run the following query on the local database and then run the analyses again:
UPDATE keys k1 SET keynam = (SELECT CASE k2.ObjTyp WHEN 719 THEN 'Java_' || idkey || '_' || k2.keynam WHEN 137651 THEN 'Net_' || idkey || '_' || k2.keynam ELSE k2.keynam END FROM keys k2 WHERE k2.idkey = k1.idkey ) WHERE k1.idkey IN (SELECT idjob FROM AnaJob )
Select the page corresponding to the type of issue you have identified:
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Non Fatal error
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Performance issue
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Wrong objects
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Missing objects
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Missing or Wrong links between two objects
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Crash
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Warnings
- CMS Snapshot Analysis - Run Analyzer - Fatal Error
- For Crash or Fatal Error, if none of the previous pages helps solve the issue, then exclude (by renaming) the file that is last quoted in the analysis log before the issue happens. In many cases, this file is responsible for the issue. Sometimes there is a common message like "Unexternalized exception - Message is 'access violation".
- If you do not find the information you are looking for or solution for your problem, in this page, contact CAST Technical Support and provide the below relevant input .
The input to investigate your issue depends on the type of issue you are facing: performance issue, non-fatal error, warnings, crash, wrong objects, fatal error, missing objects. Navigate to the Relevant Input paragraph of each child page to find out what input CAST Technical Support needs, to fix your issue.
Ticket # 11163