This page is a guide to troubleshoot the problems you may encounter while using the CMS Infrastructure Services - Review Dynamic Links
This feature enables you to review "dynamic links" between objects following an analysis.
Dynamic links are links that have been identified between objects (usually based on search strings) and saved to the Analysis Service but their authenticity cannot be absolutely determined by CAST.
How to review Dynamic Links :
- In the Service tab, select the local database you want to review Dynamic links
- Right click on the local database and select Review Dynamic Links. It will open the Dynamic Link manager (DLM)
For more information, refer to:
- Official Documentation :
- CAST AIP 8.3.x Documentation : CMS - Reviewing Dynamic Links
- Online-help (CAST Management Studio - Help > Reviewing Dynamic Links)
- Information Guide : Information Guides > Technical Information by Components > CMS Infrastructure Services
- For status on the status of the DLM links in the KB, please see this page: SQL Queries - CAST Knowledge Base - Queries on Links - How to determine DLM status
- More information on DLM can also be found in the Enlighten section of the TKB: Enlighten - DLM
*Observed in CAST AIP
*Observed on RDBMS
- if dynamic links are missing in the DLM review display, make sure that you do not have any ghost projects or objects that could be impacting the results. To remove ghost object and projects, see this page: SQL Queries - CAST Knowledge Base - Queries on objects - Identify and clean up all the ghost objects and ghost projects in your knowledge base
- If the problem you are facing does not match any case listed in this page, contact CAST Technical Support with below relevant input.
- CAST Support Tool (CST) - alias Sherlock Export
- Screen shot of the issue from DLM