The following page will guide you to deal with the problems you may face while trying to search a pattern and create search strings like.
- Reference Finder doesn't Match pattern to the text
- Number of occurrences found while searching in a file are more than the occurrences found in running the reference finder job
- Reference Finder searches the comments even the comments option is not selected.
You have run the following scenario, leading to this use:
- Create the reference finder
- Check if the pattern on file is matching.
- If the pattern doesn't match on file that means the issue is in the pattern and need to be modified
- If you find the string on file then continue to next step
- Create an after analysis "Reference Pattern search string" tool
- Run the Check tool results for the job created on "Reference Pattern search string"
- See if you get the expected strings as the results.
- If the expected links are not found then follow below action plan.