If the technology is RPG DB400, check if this is your case CAST Engineering Dashboard - Metrics - Lines of Code - Incorrect value - RPG DB400 - Lines of Code LOC is doubled
- If the technology is JS, check if this is your case CAST Engineering Dashboard - Metrics - Lines of Code - Incorrect value - DOTNet - Number of Line Of Code not calculated for js Files
If you are using the extension HTML5 funcrel 1.2.0 with other UA languages then this will prevent the LOC of other UA languages from being calculated. This issue is fixed in HTML5 funcrel 1.3.0 . Download HTML5 funcrel 1.3.0 from extension downloader and re-do the analysis + snapshot for LOC to be calculated.
XHTML files are not taken into account by the Number of Line Of Code for J2EE although the file extension *.xhtml is declared as Web Server File Extension at the Technology levelFigure 1
There is an issue in 8.2.x (x< 6) : if you set the *.xhtml files as web server files at the JEE Technology level, then it is ignored by the JEE Analyzer
The solution is to set it at the Analysis Unit level. To do this in an automated way, you may use the following query on the Management Base:
SET jsp_fileextensions= jsp_fileextensions
Then, run analysis and snapshot again.
- If LOC is duplicated for procedure/table/functions when using SQL Analyzer i.e. LOC is considered from the "file that contains source code type" as well as from individual procedure/function objects. If this is the issue please note that it is already fixed in SQL Analyzer 1.0.0-beta5 version.
- If you are using any lower version then upgrade it to latest one.
- If you are using version higher than fixed version but still facing the issue then you need to uninstall and reinstall the SQL Analyzer extension in your application.
To confirm if the issue is resolved you can simply run the below query in KB which should give only the "file that contains source code object type" inheriting from APM sources as below:
select * from typcat where idtyp in (1000007, 1101009) and idcatparent = 10048
- LOC is displayed as 0 for HTML technology in Health Dashboard even though there are 2 files analyzed.
In this case, first you need to check the type of the files analyzed. If it is '.aspx' files then it is expected to get this files analyzed by HTML as well as Dot Net analyzer( See doc) . When your application has both the technologies, then files will get analyzed by both analyzers but LOC will be considered for only one technology to avoid duplication. So in the above case, LOC was considered for Dot Net technology and LOC for HTML was showing as 0. Regarding discrepancy showed in HD i.e. artifacts showing as 2 and LOC as 0, it will mislead the customer unless they understand the analyzer behavior. So respective team will be correcting this display issue by implementing appropriate method.
7. LOC for SQL technology is displayed as 0 in dashboard
This issue can be due to the fact that SQL source files are not part of module. This is a known limitation with SQL LOC computation in central where it considers only objects of type source files part of modules and not other artifacts. You can check if the particular source file object is part of module using the following Query.
As an alternative, you can configure the module filter to the source file name instead of object name followed by full analysis which will include the SQL source file in the module and LOC will be computed.