This page troubleshoots the issues where you have missing "no items to show" under FRAME PORTAL TRANSACTION VIEW
Step by Step scenario
- Compute snapshot
- Open CED
- Navigate to the view "FRAME PORTAL TRANSACTION VIEW"
- If you are in version 8.0.0 and you are using a license key without EFP, then please upgrade to the latest Cast AIP 8.0.x, this issue was fixed in 8.0.3. For internal purposes refer to CAST Engineering Dashboard - Risk Indicators - Transaction Level - No items to show in TWRI Risk Indicators - Transaction Level view - License without EFP- CAST Internal
- Apply the following page CAST Engineering Dashboard - Information - How to identify and execute SQL query involved in data display on the retreiver "RETRIEVER_TRANSACTION_LIST", if the manual execution of the query takes a long time then you are facing a performence issue:
- If you are using an AIP version lower then 8.2.6 and the aplication contain a big number of valid Transactions (you get the number of valid Transaction by refering to the section Summary of right hand panel options ofthe following official documentation: TCC - Data Functions/Transactional Functions sub-nodes - Right hand panel), then this is a known bug in CED. This is fixed in AIP 8.2.8. As a WA perform the following
- Install the proc FIXED_DSS_TRI_COMPUTE.sql on Central schema
Create the table dss_tri_transaction on the central schema
CREATE TABLE dss_tri_transaction
transaction_id integer NOT NULL,
bc_id integer NOT NULL,
snapshot_id integer NOT NULL,
tri integer NOT NULL
ALTER TABLE dss_tri_transaction
OWNER TO operator;
Get the snapshot Id :
WHERE application_id = <Application_ID>
You can get the application Id by refering to SQL Queries - CAST Central Base - Queries on applications - How to get the ID of the application
Query result sample:
Execute the Fixed procedure on the snapshot Id retreived from the previous step:
select DSS_TRI_COMPUTE (Snapshot_id);
Run the following queries on the central schema:
SET value =
' SELECT o.OBJECT_FULL_NAME , o.OBJECT_ID AS TRANSACTION_ID, l.TRI , CASE %dbtime_enabled% WHEN 0 THEN -1 ELSE (SELECT dbtime.METRIC_NUM_VALUE FROM %PREFIX%DSS_METRIC_RESULTS dbtime, %PREFIX%DSS_LINK_INFO dli WHERE dbtime.METRIC_ID = 69018 AND dbtime.OBJECT_ID = dli.NEXT_OBJECT_ID AND dli.PREVIOUS_OBJECT_ID = o.OBJECT_ID AND dli.SNAPSHOT_ID = dbtime.SNAPSHOT_ID AND dli.LINK_TYPE_ID = 11002 AND dbtime.SNAPSHOT_ID = %snapshot% ) END AS DBTIME, CASE %cputime_enabled% WHEN 0 THEN -1 ELSE (SELECT cputime.METRIC_NUM_VALUE FROM %PREFIX%DSS_METRIC_RESULTS cputime, %PREFIX%DSS_LINK_INFO dli WHERE cputime.METRIC_ID = 69017 AND cputime.OBJECT_ID = dli.NEXT_OBJECT_ID AND dli.PREVIOUS_OBJECT_ID = o.OBJECT_ID AND dli.SNAPSHOT_ID = cputime.SNAPSHOT_ID AND dli.LINK_TYPE_ID = 11002 AND cputime.SNAPSHOT_ID = %snapshot% ) END AS CPUTIME FROM (SELECT o.OBJECT_ID, o.OBJECT_FULL_NAME FROM %PREFIX%DSS_OBJECTS o WHERE o.OBJECT_TYPE_ID = 30002 ) AS o JOIN DSS_TRI_TRANSACTION AS l ON l.TRANSACTION_ID = o.OBJECT_ID AND l.SNAPSHOT_ID = %snapshot% AND l.BC_ID = %metric% ORDER BY %~ORDER_BY% '
WHERE component_id = 'RETRIEVER_TRANSACTION_LIST'
AND id = 'SELECT_QUERY'
DELETE FROM viewer_parameters
WHERE component_id = 'RETRIEVER_TRANSACTION_LIST'
AND id IN ( 'TEMP_TABLE_NAME', 'TEMP_COLUMNS', 'TEMP_INDEX',
- Restart the application web server
- Open CED and Examine TWRI view on the dashboard.
- Else If you are not using an AIP version lower then 8.2.6 or If you are using an AIP version lower then 8.2.6 but the aplication don't contain a big number of Transactions (you get the number of valid Transaction by refering to the section Summary of right hand panel options ofthe following official documentation: TCC - Data Functions/Transactional Functions sub-nodes - Right hand panel) then refer to CAST Engineering Dashboard - Views - Hangs and performance issues.
- Check if transactions are available from TCC - Enhancement node - Right hand panel.
- If there are transactions, check if at least one object of the transacton is violating a Robusteness, Security or efficiency quality rule. You can get the list of objects composing the transaction from TCC - Enhancement node - Right hand panel section Upper right panel (Data Functions or Transactional Functions)).
- If no object of the transaction is violating the QRs, then there is no data, it's expected to get "No items to show" under FRAME PORTAL TRANSACTION VIEW.
- If objects of the transaction are violating the QRs, then contact CAST Technical Support and provide the Relevant input.
- If there is no transaction:
- If you are able to trace at least one Transaction end-to- end under Enlighten, then you are facing an issue of missing Transaction. Navigate to Transaction Configuration Center - AFP Calibration - Transactional Functions - Missing Links
- If you are not able to trace at least one Transaction end-to-end under Enlighten, there is no data, then it's expected to get "No items to show" under "FRAME PORTAL TRANSACTION VIEW".
- If the above steps do not resolve your issue, contact CAST Technical Support and provide the Relevant input.
Ticket # 3086, 7167, 9677, 10929