Summary: This document provides basic information about the extension providing Spring MVC support for Web Services.
This extension provides support for Spring MVC.
In what situation should you install this extension?
The main purpose of this extension is to create HTTP API entry points for JEE back-end applications that are used to create REST API Services. If you need to have links from a Client Front-end (see examples below) to the Spring MVC/JEE Back-end you should install this extension.
|iOS Front-End Example||AngularJS Front-End Example|
This extension handles Spring MVC Web Services used in J2EE applications, for example:
For each class annotated with org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RequestMapping (@RequestMapping ), the following will be done:
- a Web Service object will be created
- a Web Service Port object child of the web service will be created
- for each Method annotated with @RequestMapping, the following will be created:
- a Web Service operation child of the Web Service Port with correct get/put/delete/post type
- a fire link from the Web Service operation to the method
|R&D ID||Ticket ID||Description|
Error operationPath = annotation['value'] KeyError: 'value' when analyzing the attached file
Not resolution of the SpringMVC URL from a JSP
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
CAST AIP release
|7.3.4 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS2||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Dependencies with other extensions
Some CAST extensions require the presence of other CAST extensions in order to function correctly. The Spring MVC extension requires that the following other CAST extensions are also installed:
- Web services linker service (internal technical extension)
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
Once the extension is installed, no further configuration changes are required before you can package your source code and run an analysis. The process of packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code does not change in any way:
- Package and deliver your application (that includes source code which uses Spring MVC) in the exact same way as you always have. You can refer to the existing official CAST documentation for more information about this - see: .
- Analyze your delivered application source code in the CAST Management Studio in the exact same way as you always have - the source code which uses Spring MVC will be detected and handled correctly. You can refer to the existing official CAST documentation for more information about configuring an analysis - see:
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, HTTP API transaction entry points will be available for use when configuring the CAST Transaction Configuration Center. In addition, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten).
Click to enlarge:
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|Spring MVC Delete Operation Service|
|Spring MVC Get Operation Service|
|Spring MVC Post Operation Service|
|Spring MVC Put Operation Service|
|Spring MVC Port|
|Spring MVC Service|