Summary: This document provides basic information about the extension providing JAX-RS support for Web Services.
This extension provides support for JAX-RS.
In what situation should you install this extension?
The main purpose of this extension is to create HTTP API entry points, to enable linking from a Web App front end. Therefore if your Web application contains source code which uses JAX-RS (1.0 (JSR 311) and 2.0 (JSR 339)) and you want to view these object types and their links with other objects, then you should install this extension.
This extension handles JAX-RS Web Services used in J2EE applications, for example:
For each class annotated with.rs.Path (@Path):
- A Web Service object will be created whose name is deduced from the value of @Path on the class
- A Web Service Port object will be created that is a child of the web service with the same name and has with a prototype link to the class
- For each method annotated with @GET, @PUT, @DELETE or @POST, the following will be created:
- a Web Service operation child of the Web Service Port whose name is the concatenation of the @Path specified at the class level and the @Path specified at the method level. If no @Path on the method, then method path = /
- a fire link from the Web Service operation to the method
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
CAST AIP release
|7.3.4 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS2||Oracle||Microsoft|
|7.3.x / 8.0.x / 8.1.x|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Dependencies with other extensions
Some CAST extensions require the presence of other CAST extensions in order to function correctly. The JAX-RS extension requires that the following other CAST extensions are also installed:
- Web services linker service (internal technical extension)
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
Once the extension is installed, no further configuration changes are required before you can package your source code and run an analysis. The process of packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code does not change in any way:
- Package and deliver your application (that includes source code which uses JAX-RS) in the exact same way as you always have. You can refer to the existing official CAST documentation for more information about this - see: .
- Analyze your delivered application source code in the CAST Management Studio in the exact same way as you always have - the source code which uses JAX-RS will be detected and handled correctly. You can refer to the existing official CAST documentation for more information about configuring an analysis - see:
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, HTTP API transaction entry points will be available for use when configuring the CAST Transaction Configuration Center. In addition, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten).
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|JAX-RS Delete Operation Service|
|JAX-RS Get Operation Service|
|JAX-RS Post Operation Service|
|JAX-RS Put Operation Service|