Before you can start to use CAST Imaging, you will need to:
- export the Application data that will be displayed in CAST Imaging from a CAST Analysis Service schema
- import the CSV format data (resulting from the export process) into CAST Imaging
There are various ways to achieve these two steps:
|Via CAST Console|
Recommended method. See:
This method combines both the export and the import step in one for automation purposes:
|Traditional two step approach|
This method is described in:
- It is possible to extract data only from an Analysis Service which contains a single Application.
- Note that where the prepare snapshot or generate snapshot actions have already been run and a subsequent "run analysis only" is executed on the entire Application or one single Analysis Unit within the Application, you must either run the prepare snapshot or generate snapshot options again BEFORE data generation and import takes place.
- Import actions can take a long time for very large applications. Please avoid restarting services during an application import - this may cause corruption in the Neo4j database.
- Please ensure you are aware of the free disk space requirements as detailed in Performance issues - tips, particularly if your application is very large.