Before you can start to use CAST Imaging, you will need to:
- export the Application data that will be displayed in CAST Imaging from a CAST Analysis Service schema
- import the CSV format data (resulting from the export process) into CAST Imaging
There are various ways to achieve these two steps:
This method combines both the export and the import step in one for automation purposes:
|Traditional two step approach|
This method is described in:
- Currently, it is possible to extract data only from an Analysis Service which contains a single Application.
- Before data generation and import of the Application takes place:
- if the Application contains Architecture Models, or any transaction/data call graphs, then a snapshot must have already been generated
- if the Application does not contain Architecture Models, nor any transaction/data call graphs, then a prepare snapshot action is all that is required
- Note that where the prepare snapshot or generate snapshot actions have already been run and a subsequent "run analysis only" is executed on the entire Application or one single Analysis Unit within the Application, you must either run the prepare snapshot or generate snapshot options again BEFORE data generation and import takes place.