|Internal ID||Ticket ID||Summary|
Graph does not load on selection of same application after re-logging in
Fix issue with Grouping & rename on L1 to L5
Level dropdown disappears
Remove the graph error on time out
Fix console error - Cannot read property 'children' of null
fix for scroll in source code view
Source Code Viewer
It is now possible to view object source code direct in CAST Imaging. The source code viewer must be configured before it will work. Code is available in Level 5 objects, after a double click drill down and then right click Show source code. See also CAST Imaging - User Guide.
Click to expand
CAST Imaging now has an authentication service that allows integration with:
- Basic Active Directory domain controllers
- Other members of the Active Directory family such as ADAM / AD LDS
- Non-Microsoft directories such as Apache, Oracle, Novell etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory
A "local authentication" service is also available with usernames/passwords defined in a configuration file.
- SAML integration is not currently functional.
- Role assignment is currently limited to the local authentication service with limited roles available.
PowerShell script to automate import/export of data
A PowerShell script is now available to automate the two step process of exporting and then importing Application data. See PowerShell export and import process.
Interactive API documentation
CAST Imaging now has API documentation provided by Swagger. This documentation is interactive and you can test requests directly. The API documentation is accessible via the URL:
Click to enlarge
A session timeout feature has been introduced: if there is no user activity (API calls) for a default period of 20 minutes, the login session will timeout and the user will have a set period (20 seconds by default) in which to act to continue the session - if this period expires, the user will need to relogin. In addition, after a default period of 5 hours, a session will timeout regardless of whether there is continuous user activity during this period. See User Guide for more information.
The timeout periods can be modified - see Customizing session timeout.
Start and End Point highlighting
When looking at a Transaction view at the Object level, the Legend now lists StartPoint and EndPoint:
Selecting either will highlight the appropriate objects:
The number of transactions is now visible next to each transaction in the top-left drop-down and in addition, any options with 0 transactions are disabled:
A loading icon is shown when you switch from transaction to another transaction/level
Performance/interaction improvements in terms of loading transactions.
- "Loading a large graph" message is shown when user drill downs to large graph
- Investigation view is modified back to fixed position, in order to allow the user to drag the graph inside this view.
Known issues and vulnerabilities
- At the current time, it is only possible to extract data from an Analysis Service which contains one single Application.
- Not all objects and links from the Analysis Service schema are loaded in CAST Imaging (i.e. nothing below Java class). Only link type implemented are "references" for links between concept nodes and call links between objects.
- No count of number of objects for Transactions view
- No double click on Edge on level 5 view for Transactions scope
- Expand features and double click(Investigation) do not work in saved views
- No ability to restrict viewing for users who should not see all applications
- Applications containing the following technologies cannot be imported into CAST Imaging at the current time:
- When using the Save View functionality: if nodes have been grouped together (using the Grouping feature) before the view is saved, when the saved view is subsequently opened, instead of displaying the "grouped node" icon to represent the grouped nodes, the nodes themselves will be displayed on top of each other.