Summary: This section provides information about how to configure an icon for your extension.
When you upload an extension, you can optionally configure an icon to represent your extension in the CAST Extend website, or in the CAST Extension Downloader. For example, the icon for the official AngularJS extension:
In order to publish your extension documentation, the following is required:
You need a GitHub account. If you already have an account you can use this, but if not you will need to create a new one - see https://github.com/join.
- the GitHub account must be a "public" account
- the account you use to access the CAST Extend website is not linked to GitHub and therefore if you do not already have your own GitHub you will need to create a new GitHub account specifically to "host" the icon. You can use the same credentials (login/password) that you use for the CAST Extend website, but this is not mandatory.
Membership of the CAST-Extend GitHub organization
You need to become a member of the CAST Extend organization. At the current time, please contact the GitHub user "CASTNDO" who will be able to add you to the organization. You will receive an email from GitHub (in the mailbox used for your GitHub account) containing a link which you need to click to confirm the membership.
Existing GitHub repository
You need a GitHub repository in which to store the icon.
You need to prepare an icon as follows:
- PNG format
- Transparent background
- 260px X 260px
Upload the icon to the repository
- Upload the PNG file to your extension's repository (click to enlarge):
- Commit the changes to the master branch (click to enlarge):
Obtain the icon URL
To use the icon with your extension, you need to obtain the download URL from the GitHub repository:
- Select the PNG file in the GitHub repository
- Right click the Download button and copy the URL using your browser's copy icon option (Copy link address in Chrome, Copy Link Location in Firefox, or Copy Link in Edge) click to enlarge:
Use the icon URL when uploading your extension
- Paste in the URL you copied in the previous step.