Summary: This document provides basic information about the extension providing AngularJS support for Web applications.
This extension provides support for AngularJS.
In what situation should you install this extension?
If your Web application contains AngularJS source code and you want to view these object types and their links with other objects, then you should install this extension:
- Creates AngularJS object structure (see below)
- Creates links between these objects and links between HTML files and controller scope elements
- Directives are partly handled:
- links between HTML tags and directives are handled
- links between HTML attributes in directive sections and directive scope items are handled
Supported AngularJS versions
The following table displays the supported versions matrix:
|Version||Transaction Support||Rules Support||Type of Support|
|1.0||Fullstack use case support|
|1.2||Fullstack use case support|
|1.3||Fullstack use case support|
|1.4||Fullstack use case support|
|1.5||Fullstack use case support|
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
- You should ensure that you configure the extension to NOT analyze the back end web client part of a .NET or J2EE application.
- If the back end web client part of a .NET or J2EE application is analyzed with the AngularJS extension and with the native .NET/J2EE analyzers, then your results will reflect this - there will be duplicate objects and links (i.e. from the analyzer and from the extension) therefore impacting results and creating erroneous Function Point data.
CAST AIP release
|7.3.4 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS2||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Dependencies with other extensions
Some CAST extensions require the presence of other CAST extensions in order to function correctly. The AngularJS extension requires that the following other CAST extensions are also installed:
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten):
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|HTML file (icon depends on default browser)|
|AngularJS Directive Controller|
|AngularJS Directive Link Function|
|AngularJS Model function|
|AngularJS Model variable|
|AngularJS Get Resource Service|
|AngularJS Post Resource Service|
|AngularJS Put Resource Service|
|AngularJS Delete Resource Service|
You can find a full list of rules delivered with this extension here: https://technologies.castsoftware.com/?rlH=extensions/com.castsoftware.angularjs/1.0.0-funcrel.json
In this section we list the most significant functional limitations that may affect the analysis of applications using AngularJS:
- The extension does not detect AngularJS objects when they are declared with prototype. For example: