Summary: This document provides information about the extension providing Android technologies support for the JEE Analyzer.
This extension provides support for Android technologies. This extension works on top of the JEE analyzer.
In what situation should you install this extension?
If your JEE application source code uses Android technologies you should install this extension.
UI Controls support
Below given are the list of controls supported of this version release.
Android Event handling support
Android Layout Type support
Support for third-party WebServices is provided:
- HTTPClient library with namespace cz.msebera.android.httpclient
- End to End transactions are not currently resolved - this is an initial implementation to find the entry and end point for Android technologies.
- Only Partial transactions are shown like widget → methods and methods → web service objects.
- Right now android dont have DMT support, so extension will not recognize android project . User have to create jee analysis unit manually and add all files in castMS.
Supported Android versions
|4.4 - 8.0|
Function Point, Quality and Sizing support
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
CAST AIP release
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Dependencies with other extensions
Some CAST extensions require the presence of other CAST extensions in order to function correctly. The Android extension requires that the following other CAST extensions are also installed:
- JEE Analyzer
- com.castsoftware.internal.platform (internal extension)
- Web services linker service (internal technical extension)
- when using the CAST Extension Downloader to download the extension and the Manage Extensions interface in CAST Server Manager to install the extension, any dependent extensions are automatically downloaded and installed for you. You do not need to do anything.
- the JEE Analyzer is not a dependency, but since this extension is always installed with AIP, you do not need to do anything.
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
Once the extension is installed, no further configuration changes are required before you can package your source code and run an analysis. The process of packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code does not change in any way:
- Package and deliver your application in the exact same way as you always have. You can refer to the existing official CAST AIP documentation for more information about this - see: .
- Analyze your delivered application source code in the CAST Management Studio in the exact same way as you always have. You can refer to the existing official CAST AIP documentation for more information about configuring an analysis - see: Analysis Configuration and Execution
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner. For example, the following code:
will generate an Enlighten view for widget objects like this:
and for web services, the following code sample:
will generate an Enlighten view for post operations for login as follows:
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|Get Resource Service|
|Put Resource Service|
|Post Resource Service|
|Delete Resource Service|