On this page:
Users of the extension providing ASP.NET Web API support for C#.
Summary: This document provides information about the extension providing ASP.NET Web API support for C#.
- Initial release.
This extension provides support for ASP.NET Web API. This extension will enable users to create links between server side APIs and client calls for HttpGet, httpPut, HttpPost, and HttpDelete methods.
In what situation should you install this extension?
If your .NET application contains ASP.NET Web API source code and you want to view these object types and their links with client side calls, then you should install this extension.
ASP.NET Web API support
The following WPF frameworks are supported by this extension:
|Web API 2|
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
CAST AIP release
|7.3.7 and all higher 7.3.x releases||C#|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
Once the extension is installed, no further configuration changes are required before you can package your source code and run an analysis. The process of packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code does not change in any way:
- Package and deliver your .NET application (that includes source code which uses ASP.NET Web API) in the exact same way as you always have.
- Analyze your delivered .NET application source code in the CAST Management Studio in the exact same way as you always have - the source code which uses ASP.NET Web API will be detected and handled correctly.
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner. The following objects and links will be displayed in CAST Enlighten:
All objects are represented under the Class browser folders in CAST Enlighten:
|.NET Get Operation|
|.NET Delete Operation|
|.NET Post Operation|
|.NET Put Operation|
|Client call||Call||.NET Get Operation|
|Client call||Call||.NET Delete Operation|
|Client call||Call||.NET Post Operation|
|Client call||Call||.NET Put Operation|
In this section we list the most significant functional limitations that may affect the analysis of applications using ASP.NET Web API:
- Currently support only exists for the following objects:
- Routing path with parameters is not supported
- Only the controller derived from ApiController class will be processed for linking