- Not applicable when working with Quality Rule Models.
- If you are not working online, you will be prompted to connect.
- Before you can take advantage of the online operating mode you do need to have already successfully generated a snapshot of your application. See CAST Architecture Checker - Working online.
When working online, you can use this option to check whether any objects are assigned to more than one layer. This is useful in two ways:
- To check whether actual objects in the source code are where they should be
- To check whether your model has been correctly designed - you may have accidentally configured criteria to match the same object type in more than one layer
The option can be accessed:
When selected, the CAST Architecture Checker will query the CAST Analysis Service (via the current connection to the CAST Management Service) and return all objects that match multiple layers.
The column "Layers" (highlighted in red) indicates which layers the objects are assigned to.
View source code
If you would like to see the source code that forms an object please see View source code.
You can also use the Filter iconin each column heading to sort and filter according to content:
- Choose the filter type in the drop down list
- Choose whether the criteria will be applied using case sensitive text or not.
- Enter the filter text.
Only content that matches the chosen criteria will be displayed.