- Removing an existing object using CI_NO_OBJECTS
- Removing an existing link using CI_NO_LINKS
- Removing an object property using CI_NO_PROPERTIES
- Adding a new object linked to a parent object that already exists using CI_OBJECTS and CI_PARENTS
- Modifying an object property on an existing object using CI_INT_PROPERTIES
- Creating new links between existing unlinked objects using CI_LINKS
- Modifying links between existing linked objects using CI_LINKS
This section provides a detailed description of how to use the tool in specific scenarios. Examples are provided using SQL queries and are not intended to be exhaustive – i.e. you should be able to create your own queries to handle any situation you face using the details described here.
Each scenario is split into various sub-sections, the first explains how to manage objects that have an OBJECT_GUID, the second and subsequent section explains how to manage objects that do not have an OBJECT_GUID. See GUID_OBJECTS in CAST Analysis Service entry tables for more information about this.
Use the menu above to choose the example you would like to view.
Note that the examples provided here have been created using a Microsoft SQLServer 2008 server. Please adapt the queries to your own environment, making sure that you include the appropriate syntax (Go, /, Commit) – see Configuring the Update CAST Knowledge Base Tool in Using the Update CAST Knowledge Base Tool.
Please also note that some of the examples use the OBJECT_NAME value from the CTV_GUID_OBJECTS view to determine the object. In some cases, multiple objects can have the same OBJECT_NAME. As such, any modifications you make to the CAST Analysis Service using the OBJECT_NAME value may change multiple objects. If multiple objects have the same OBJECT_NAME, CAST recommends one of the following:
- Using the OBJECT_FULLNAME value in the CTV_GUID_OBJECTS view as this is unique
- Using the OBJECT_GUID value in the CTV_GUID_OBJECTS view as this is unique (this value is not available for all objects however - see GUID_OBJECTS in CAST Analysis Service entry tables for more information about this.)