The CAST Transaction Configuration Center includes a feature called Update Configuration that allows you to apply updates to your set definitions from an XML based file (a .TCCSetup file). This XML file may have been sent to you by CAST or is provided as part of an AIP extension.
The update will be applied ONLY to the Templates node.
Applying a file
- To apply a .TCCSetup file, right click the root Templates node and select Update Configuration:
- The CAST Transaction Configuration Center will open the %USERPROFILE%\Documents folder, as follows:
- Browse to the location of a .TCCSetup file that has been sent to you or that you have configured yourself
- Click when Open when you have selected the template.
- The CAST Transaction Configuration Center will then compare the sets in the .TCCSetup file with those in the Templates node and proceed as follows:
- Any sets defined in the Built-in parameters node (i.e Table prefixes to ignore and Tables to ignore based on Regular Expressions) will be ignored entirely
- Any sets that exist in the .TCCSetup file and not in the Templates node will be automatically applied to the Templates node
- If a set that exists in the .TCCSetup is marked [DELETE] (see below for more information) this set will be deleted from the Templates node
- If a set in the .TCCSetup has a different Default Function Point value assigned to it (for example Data Functions and End Points) then the new value will be assigned to the Templates node.
- You can use the Undo/Redo options to undo or redo an Update Configuration action.
- When subsequently clicking the Update Configuration option, the CAST Transaction Configuration Center will open the folder that was previously opened. Preconfigured templates are stored in the samples/TCC folder of your CAST installation.
Create a .TCCSetup file
This section is primarily aimed at CAST AI Administrators and explains how to create a .TCCSetup file from the CAST Transaction Configuration Center.
- Create some sets in the Templates node.
- Right click the root Templates node and select Export configuration (see Import configuration / Export configuration)
- Select a name for the export file - this will be saved with the .TCCSetup extension in XML format.
Manually updating the .TCCSetup file
This section is primarily aimed at CAST AI Administrators and explains how to modify an exported .TCCSetup file.
If you need to manually update the exported .TCCSetup file (for example to make "bulk" changes), you can do so as follows:
- Open the .TCCSetup file with a text editor or an XML editor (the file is standard XML format)
- Make changes as required, for example you can copy and paste existing set definitions and modify them as required. A set is defined between the <association> tags.
- You can change the Default Function Point value if required.
- To delete sets from the CAST Transaction Configuration Center, do not remove the entire <association> tag, instead change the <set name> tag to [DELETE] as follows:
<association> <set name = "[DELETE]" type = "Excluded items"> <argument name="type"> <value>SQL_TABLE</value> </argument> <argument name="name"> <value>AUTHORS</value> </argument> <selection-criteria> <member-of set ="By naming"/> </selection-criteria> </set></association>