The Generate Sets option can be accessed in the System node - Right hand panel:
- In the Transaction Configuration node - Right hand panel (Generate data function sets, Generate transaction end point sets, Generate transaction end point sets and Generate excluded items sets buttons)
- In the Built-in parameters node - Right hand panel using the Generate data record object sets / Generate ignored tables
- In the By naming, By inheritance, By type nodes - Right hand panel using the right click short-cut menu (Generate set or Generate all sets)
- In the Free definition - Right hand panel using the right click short cut menu on a Set (either in the upper panels or in the Design panel - Generate set or Generate all sets))
What does it do?
The Generate Sets option will launch the CAST Transaction Configuration Center algorithm and a list of objects that match the sets will be displayed:
This can help you determine if the set you have created will detect all the objects you require.
- See also Why are objects external to the Application visible as Transaction End Points?
- When using the option via the right click short-cut menu in the By naming, By inheritance, By type nodes - Right hand panel and in the Free definition - Right hand panel you can Generate Sets for one set in the list (Generate Set) or for all sets in the list (Generate all sets):
- When two sets have been created with identical rules/criteria so that they capture the same objects, when the Generate all sets option is used, only one of the sets will be used and the other will be ignored.
Right-click shortcut menu
A right click shortcut menu exists for items in the object list:
|Copy all content||Use this option to copy the contents of the object list. The copied items can be pasted into another application.|
|Copy full name||Use this option to copy the full name of the selected object. The copied items can be pasted into another application.|
|View source||See View source code for more information.|
|Show Rules||See Show rules for more information.|
|Full name display mode||Modifies the display in the Full name column. Choose from: |