This documentation is no longer maintained and may contain obsolete information.
This page is designed to let users build queries about rule violations using pre-defined filters.
This view requires access to at least one Application.
This view displays:
- Violation count, to identify rules of interest based on the population figures.
- Violation names, to identify rule violations themselves.
The filters available are:
- Since Date / Until Date: to filter violations in snapshots generated between the two designated dates (snapshots generated on the Since or End Dates are included)
- Business Criterion: to filter violations contributing to the designated Business Criterion
- Cost Complexity: to filter violations whose Cost Complexity is of the designated level (Low/Average/High/Extreme). Please see How Complexity metrics are calculated by CAST for more information about these values.
- Min. Rule Weight: to filter violations to Rules, aka Diagnostic-based Metrics, with the designated weight into any one Technical Criterion
- Filter on System: to filer violations for the designated System
- Technical Criterion: to filter violations contributing to the designated Technical Criterion
- Object Status: to filter violations with the designated status (Added/Deleted/Unchanged)
- Critical Contribution: to filter violations to Rules, aka Diagnostic-based Metrics, with the Critical Contribution option set into any one Technical Criterion (Critical/Not Critical)
- Filter on Application: to filter violations for the designated Application
- Rule: to filter violations to the designated Rule, aka Diagnostic-based Metric
All these filtering criteria accept an '(any value)' option to disable the filter.
This pages uses an interactive table to display data. Interactive tables allow you to sort the data in a more comprehensive manner than simply in ascending/descending order. See the section Interactive tables in Using the CAST Engineering Dashboard.
Results are displayed when the Query Now button is clicked. Results are displayed in two lists:
- Your Report (Counts) - the query returns Quality Rules and are listed in descending order based on the Nb of violations column.
- Your Report (Items) - the query returns Objects and are listed in descending order based on the Aggregate Weight column.
Note that you can select results for action or exclusion in the Action Plan - see the Improvement - Action Plan for more information
- The FlexReport lets you query the Analysis Service using the filters you want; if you select incompatible filtering criteria, the FlexReport will return empty lists. E.g.: filtering on both a Business Criterion and a Technical Criterion that does not contribute to the Business Criterion would lead to an empty result set.
- The Your Report (Counts) section section displays results grouped by finest-grain filtering attributes; there is no aggregation of finest-grain filtering attributes into higher-grain filtering attributes. In other words, the count section will display violation counts grouped by Snapshot, Application, Rule, Cost Complexity and Object Status.
- There is no option to directly target 'N/A' Cost Complexity level; to search for violations with no Cost Complexity, use the 'any value' filter then sort along the Cost Complexity column.
- The Your Report (Counts) section returns Quality Rules and not violations. Rules can be present multiple times in the list, depending on the filtering criteria. Ticking one of the occurrences will automatically tick the other occurrences of the same Rule.
- The action/exclusion/reset options in the Your Report (Counts) section do not process one single violation at a time but all the violations of the selected rule for the selected context (i.e., the Application identified on the same line). There is therefore no selection status icon. Indeed, the selection relates to many different violations and individual handling of single violations allows a different selection status for some singled-out violations. An overall status does not make sense.