Generate Standard Documentation
CAST ships a specific template that enables you to generate Standard Documentation about objects stored in the Knowledge Base. This template can be generated with the following wizards:
What is Standard Documentation?
The Standard Documentation template provided by CAST generates full documentation for applications stored in your Knowledge Base. This includes called and calling objects for each object within the application.
Because this template is delivered in the form of an .HSQ, you can configure it to suit your own requirements - use Report On SQL Query to configure the template.
Prerequisites to using the Standard Documentation template
The following actions must be executed BEFORE you use the Standard Documentation template to generate a report:
- Make sure your jobs have been analyzed recently (use Analysis Manager)
- Update the CAST System Views (use Analysis Manager)
- Copy the following files from the CAST installation folder to the folder that will contain the generated report:
- animtree.js - treeparams.js - closed-menu.gif; additionally, this file should be set as read-only, to prevent the engine overwriting it - empty-menu.gif - logo.gif - open-menu.gif
Generating Standard Documentation with the Report with Predefined wizard
- Launch a Report with Predefined
- In the Template Selection screen, select the "Standard Documentation" template
In addition, make sure you specify an output file name with a .HTM suffix (using a .HTML suffix will cause errors).
- Verify the report generation instructions in the Report screen
- Click Finish to start the generation process
- Enter a generation date in the dialog box "Waiting External Value"
- Enter a version number in the dialog box "Waiting External Value"
- Select the languages you want to include in the report in the dialog box "Waiting External Value"
- Select the projects and jobs you want to include in the report in the dialog box "Waiting External Value"
- The report will then be generated.
- Make sure you specify an output file name with a .HTM suffix (using a .HTML suffix will cause errors).
- The report generation process may take some time, particularly if you have included a large number of objects in the report.
- You can cancel the report generation process at any time using the Cancel button