This documentation is no longer maintained and may contain obsolete information. You should instead refer to Application onboarding.
This section is aimed at Delivery Managers - i.e. those that are responsible for delivering the source code of the Application to be analyzed.
Note also that if you need to deliver a new version of an application source code and you have already installed the DMT tool you do not need to re-download it from the CAST AIC Portal. You can simply relaunch the CAST Delivery Manager Tool using the shortcut to the CAST Delivery Manager Tool for the target Application created in Windows Start menu as part of the original install.
As part of the initial application on-boarding with CAST AIP, you need to install the DMT as explained in the tasks below:
Access the CAST AIC Portal and download the CAST Delivery Manager Tool
- Browse to the URL of the CAST AIC Portal as instructed by your CAST AI Administrator.
- Enter your CAST AIC Portal username and password: unless otherwise instructed, login with your company active directory username and password.
- Click LOG IN to proceed: you will then see a list of Domains and Applications that you are authorised to work with (i.e. for which you have been granted the Delivery Manager role):
- Locate the Application you want to deliver source code for and click the highlighted icon to to download a copy of the CAST Delivery Manager Tool on to your workstation:
- Now click the green Download button to start the download process:
Built in documentation
The CAST AIC Portal contains a basic built in documentation that explains the main aspects of the Delivery process and how it works:
Log out process
If you want to log out of the CAST AIC Portal, you can do so using the user button:
Install the CAST Delivery Manager Tool
- The download from the CAST AIC Portal is now running.
- If the Java JRE version installed on the workstation is not current, the Oracle Java Updater will warn you that your JRE is insecure and prompt you to update it. However, it is not mandatory to update your Java JRE installation to use the CAST Delivery Manager Tool - you can click the "Later" option to continue loading the CAST Delivery Manager Tool. Note that if you decide to update the JRE at this point, you must have local Administrator rights on the workstation - without this, the update will fail and the CAST Delivery Manager Tool will not load.
- In all supported browsers, you may be prompted how you would like to open the file, for example in Mozilla Firefox:
- Accept the file and open it directly - the CAST Delivery Manager Tool will then be downloaded from the CAST AIC Portal, direct to the workstation on which the browser is running and then executed.
- You may be prompted whether you want to run the application - it is safe to do and you may wish to tick the checkbox to prevent future warning prompts:
- You will now be prompted to authenticate with the CAST AIC Portal. Enter your CAST AIC Portal username and password: unless otherwise instructed, login with your company active directory username and password:
- Once authenticated, the download and installation of the CAST Delivery Manager Tool will continue. This may take a couple of minutes:
- On completion the CAST Delivery Manager Tool will load and will be ready to deliver source code:
Note: The CAST Delivery Manager Tool will be prevented from being downloaded to a workstation if Java JRE settings are not configured properly. Refer to Java JRE security settings for CAST Delivery Manager Tool in Deployment - security for details and contact your IT Administrator to configure them.
Notes for using the CAST Delivery Manager Tool from a Linux Operating System
The CAST Delivery Manager Tool can be installed and run on Linux Operating Systems (see Supported Platforms for more information about supported JRE and limitations) in exactly the same way as running the the CAST Delivery Manager Tool on a Windows Operating System. If you should encounter an issue downloading the CAST Delivery Manager Tool from the CAST AIC Portal, then please follow the recommendations below:
The dmt-launcher.jnlp file does not run automatically
- Save the dmt-launcher.jnlp file downloaded from the CAST AIC Portal
- Run the dmt-launcher.jnlp file from the Java command line using the following syntax:
Java JRE is disabled because it is out of date
- Update the JRE, or
- Renable the Java JRE using the jcontrol utility