To view an object's child objects:
The Expand Objects dialog box displays in a hierarchical tree, all the child objects of the object or objects you first selected to be expanded.
The objects you selected to be expanded will have a red tick next to them indicating that they are already in the Graphical View (other objects may also have red ticks next to them, also meaning that they are in the view). Click the "+" icon next to an object to view the contents of any sub-folders that may exist, this will then display the child objects themselves.
Select the child-objects you want to add to the view by holding either the SHIFT or CTRL keys down and left clicking with the mouse. These objects will then be highlighted as displayed above. To add them to the view simply click Add. You can add ALL the child-objects by clicking the Add All Children button, although this could take some time especially if there are many objects involved.
- All three options described above will only be available if you select an object that has child objects.
- You can also collapse an object (remove all child objects from the Graphical View) you have already expanded or that has child objects present in the Graphical View:
- Select the Collapse... option from the shortcut menu.
- Click Explore > Collapse Object... in the menu bar.
- Click the button on the toolbar.