The Property window displays a wide range of information about a selected object, saved Graphical View (model) or Functional Domain in HTML format. For instance, you can find out how many lines of code make up the object (or a specific object in a Graphical View), or what Business Function has been assigned to the object.
To view the Properties of an object:
- Select the object in the Graphical View.
- Click Graphic > Properties > Properties.
- Depending on the specification of your computer, the object's properties will be displayed within a few seconds.
To view the properties of a saved Graphical View (or model):
- Right click anywhere in the Graphical View
- Click Graphic > Properties > Graphical View Properties.
- The properties for the whole model will then be displayed (including a list of all objects present in the model).
- You can also use the shortcut key F12, or the right click shortcut menu (Properties > Properties/Graphical View Properties) to display the properties on individual objects.
- You can configure how the object's properties are displayed in the Properties Window by selecting a new style sheet and various other options. Please consult the Property and Code Viewer tab for more information about this.
- You can force the application to display properties every time you select an object - see the Property and Code Viewer tab for more information.
If you want to hide the Property Window:
- Click View > Property
- Repeat the process to re-display the window
- You can also click the close icon in the top right-hand corner.
By default, the window will be "docked" at the bottom of the screen. However, you can move the window to a different location should you require:
- Double-click anywhere in the title bar - this will "undock" the window and you will then be able to move it as normal.
- The window has other "docked" positions which can be used by moving the window until its outline changes shape and then releasing the mouse button, or you can double-click in the title bar to restore the "docked" position.