Client Identification dialog box
The very first time you launch Enlighten, the application may ask you for an Identifier. This is simply a hostname that identifies your client machine to the server.
All you need to do is to enter an Identifier in the appropriate field which can be up to 10 characters long. You can use your existing client name if you want, or the last 10 digits of your IP address if this is more convenient.
On Microsoft SQL-Server, you can run the SQL command sp_who in your SQL IDE, you will then see this identifier under the hostname column in the returned results as displayed below:
" spid status loginame hostname blk dbname cmd ... 6 running sa WESLEY 0 master SELECT "
When you are satisfied with the identifier you have entered, click the OK button.
The dialog box will then close and the normal connection procedure will continue. If you want to abort the process, click the Cancel button.
- The Client Identification dialog box is only displayed when you FIRST launch the application - subsequent launches will go straight to the Open Profile Connection dialog box.
Connecting to a server
Once you have confirmed your Identifier in the Client Identification dialog box the Open Profile Connection dialog box will open.
- You now need to create a Profile that contains the connection parameters for the Knowledge Base that you want to connect to - see here for more information about how server connections are handled by the application.
- When this is complete, the new Profile will be displayed in the Open Profile Connection dialog box.
- Select the Profile to connect to the server defined in the Profile and click Open.
- If the parameters you defined are accepted, a connection to the server will be opened and the Assistant will automatically launch allowing you to select the functionality you want to use.
If for some reason no connection with the server can be established, a warning message will appear. In addition a message will appear in the Log Window to explain the likely cause of the failure and to help you rectify the problem.
You can set one of your profiles as the default profile. Then, if you select the Connect with default profile at start option in the Common Settings tab, this default profile will then be consistently used every time you connect with Analysis Manager and no interaction will be necessary.
See the Open Profile Connection dialog box for information about how to set the default profile.