Adding a User Object
CAST defines user objects as free text that you can place in the Graphical View to annotate objects or provide supplementary information.
- Click the button located on the toolbar (you are now working in User Object mode).
- Left click in the Graphical View where you want to place the text.
- The User Object dialog box will then be automatically launched - enter the text you require.
- Click OK to confirm the text and close the dialog box. The free text will then appear in the Graphical View.
- Free text is not handled by the application in the same way that an object stored in the Knowledge Base is: free text is "attached" to the Graphical View in which it is placed. When the view is saved, the free text will be retained with the view.
- Because a piece of free text is not handled as an object, these "user objects" will not be displayed in the Technical Browser.
Adding a User Link | Adding a User Rectangle | Adding a User File