This guide aims to provide Administrators with a detailed overview of advanced administrative processes involved in the use of:
- Health Dashboard (HD)
- Engineering Dashboard (ED)
- CAST AIC Portal (CAST AICP)
- Legacy CAST Engineering Dashboard (CED)
- Legacy CAST Discovery Portal (CDP)
Some of the advanced operations involve making changes to Metrics and Quality Rules associated with your Assessment Model. Please be aware that making changes to the Assessment Model in a "production" or "live" environment AFTER you have generated the initial snapshots, will make it very difficult (if not impossible) to carry out a relevant and valid comparison of snapshots generated with the new Assessment Model and snapshots generated prior to the modifications.
As a result, CAST recommends that:
- The Assessment Model in the "production" or "live" environment is kept homogenous for all snapshot generation processes (however, exceptions can be managed in the "production" or "live" environment)
- A test environment is created, where the Assessment Model can be modified and then tested by generating new snapshots
- Once fully tested, the new Assessment Model can be applied to the "production" or "live" environment and new snapshots can then be generated
Please note that some of the advanced operations listed in this section make changes to the Assessment Model.
- if you rename a system/application/module while using the CAST dashboards with an existing generated snapshot, you will need to either reload the dashboard web application in your web application server, or restart the web application server for these changes to be taken into account. In addition, the next time you generate the snapshot, the renamed module will be overwritten by the original module name that has been declared in the CAST Analysis Service. Note that this applies to both automatically created modules and user defined modules, however, you can rename a user defined module (that will be taken into account even if you process the snapshot) using the CAST Management Studio.
- if you modify the partnerships (i.e. move a module from one application to another) while using the CAST dashboards with an existing generated snapshot, you will need to re-consolidate (using the CAST Management Studio) any associated snapshots, and then reload the dashboard web application in your application server, or restart the application server for these changes to be taken into account.