Support for IMS MFS Maps
Support has been implemented for IMS MFS Maps to improve IMS/DC support so that it is possible to find out which Cobol programs use an MFS Map:
- MFS Maps are contained in files with the extension *.mfs.
- FMT macro defines the map (called "format" in IMS vocabulary).
- MSG macro defines MID and MOD messages. MID are those that have the INPUT type and MOD are those that have the OUTPUT type.
- MID and MOD identifiers are specified in the IO-PCB.
- In the MID/MOD structure, there is a field that contains the name of the transaction. This information allows the analyzer to create links between MFS Maps and transactions
As a result, some changes have been implemented:
- The Mainframe Discoverer will detect a project (and therefore automatically create an Analysis Unit) for each *.mfs file discovered in a folder.
- .mfs files have been added to the list of files that will be automatically analyzed - see for example Mainframe - Analysis configuration
- New object types will be resolved - see Mainframe - Analysis results:
|IMS Message Format Service|
|IMS Message Input Descriptor|
|IMS Message Output Descriptor|
Improved support for JCL Dataset sub types
The Mainframe Analyzer is now able to detect the following specific types of JCL Dataset, which will now be visible in CAST Enlighten, Architecture Checker and CAST Transaction Configuration. See Mainframe - Technical notes for more details.
- GDG datasets
- PDS datasets
- DBD datasets
- GSAM datasets
- VSAM datasets
- Temporary datasets
In addition, a new protoype link has been implemented between DBD objects and JCL Datasets (DBD).
Rule documentation updates
The documentation for the following rules has been updated
Program semantic should respect the logic of flow execution
|Rationale has been updated.|
SQL Analyzer embedded in AIP
The SQL Analyzer embedded in AIP now supports:
- (by reference) the analysis of databases hosted on:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2017 and 2019, however no new syntax or features introduced in these newer releases are supported.
- Sybase ASE 16, however no new syntax or features introduced in this newer release are supported.
User Input Security
Improved violation type coverage
The following new rules have been implemented:
|Rule ID||CWE ID||Rule name||Input name||Target name||.NET support||JEE support|
|8482||79||Cross-site scripting through API requests||Network.readAPI||Network.write||NO||LIMITED|
|8484||113||HTTP response splitting through API requests||Network.readAPI||Network.http||NO||LIMITED|
|8486||99||Resource injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||Resource.write||NO||LIMITED|
|8488||99||Resource URL manipulation through API requests||Network.readAPI||Resource.writeURL||NO||LIMITED|
|8490||89||SQL injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||Database.write||NO||LIMITED|
|8492||90||LDAP injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||LDAP.filter||NO||LIMITED|
|8494||78||OS command injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||Runtime.exec||NO||LIMITED|
|8496||114||Process control through API requests||Network.readAPI||Runtime.load||NO||LIMITED|
|8498||78||Denial of service threat through API requests||Network.readAPI||Thread.sleep||NO||LIMITED|
|8500||94/95||Code injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||Script.eval||NO||LIMITED|
|8502||470||Reflection injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||Reflection.write||NO||LIMITED|
|8504||91||XPath injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||XPath.write||NO||LIMITED|
|8506||73||Path manipulation through API requests||Network.readAPI||File.open||NO||LIMITED|
|8508||117||Log forging through API requests||Network.readAPI||Log.write||NO||LIMITED|
|8510||134||Uncontrolled format string through API requests||Network.readAPI||String.format||NO||LIMITED|
|8512||501||Request parameters in session through API requests||Network.readAPI||Network.writeSession||NO||LIMITED|
|8514||89||NoSQL injection through API requests||Network.readAPI||Nosql.write||NO||LIMITED|
|8516||601||Open redirect through API requests||Network.readAPI||Network.redirect||NO||LIMITED|
All of the above new rules are based on "injection through API requests” - the list of supported APIs is as follows:
Improvement to support for Apache Struts 2 applications
The following truncated manglings are now supported:
This is an improvement to "AIPCORE-1705 - User Input Security is now able to detect security violations in Apache Struts 2 applications" added in CAST AIP 8.3.21.
CAST Database Extractor
The CAST Database Extractor now supports:
- (by reference) the extraction of databases hosted on:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016, 2017 and 2019, however the extractor will handle the databases as Microsoft SQL Server 2014 databases and no new syntax or features introduced in these newer releases are supported.
- Sybase ASE 16, however the extractor will handle the databases as Sybase ASE 15.x databases and no new syntax or features introduced in this newer release are supported.
CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL admin
CSS Upgrade Wizard
The CSS Upgrade Wizard (CSSUpgrade.exe) used to move schemas from one CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL instance to another is now deprecated.
A new batch file called CombinedTransfer.bat has been created as a replacement for the CSS Upgrade Wizard. It is a wrapper batch file for the CSS Backup and Restore Tools, provided as part of the CAST AIP ≥ 8.3.x, and involves a fully automated process of dumping the required schemas to file and then restoring the dumps on the new server. The CAST Storage Services/PostgreSQL do not need to be installed on the same host, and both can be remote to the machine on which you are executing the batch file.
The CombinedTransfer.bat batch file is located in the following folder and must be executed from within the context of this folder:
See CAST Storage Service - Moving existing schemas to new hosts for more information.
CAST AIC Portal
CAST Management Studio - Create application option
If you need to onboard new Applications and are not yet using AIP Console or are having issues using CAST AIC Portal, then it is now possible to create new Applications directly in CAST Management Studio for all user audiences ("regular" through to "expert"). This is a "stop gap" solution until such time as you are ready to switch to AIP Console.