Oracle Forms and Reports Technology options
The Forms Technology editor contains various tabs. Each is explained below.
- The options in this Technology editor are the default options that will be used to populate the same fields in Applications and Analysis Units. If you need to define specific options for a specific Application or Analysis Unit, then please use the Application editor (Analysis tab) or the Analysis Unit editor.
- If you make a change to a specific option at Application or Analysis Unit level, and then subsequently change the same option via this editor, this setting will NOT be mirrored back to the Application or Analysis Unit - this is because specific settings at Application and Analysis Unit level have precedence if they have been changed from the default setting available in this editor.
|Directory for Code Viewer files||If you would like to be able to view the source code of your Forms/Reports analyses in CAST Enlighten, the CAST Discovery Portal or the CAST Engineering Dashboard, then you need to configure this option: enter a full path to a local or network folder. During the analysis, the Forms analyzer will create the files in the selected folder necessary for source code to be viewed by the CAST applications listed above. A sub-folder will be created for each analysed Application that contains Forms/Reports Analysis Units. |
Note the following:
- Write access to the folder is required when running an analysis.
- Read access to the folder is required when using CAST Enlighten, the CAST Discovery Portal or the CAST Engineering Dashboard to view the source code of your Forms/Reports analysis.
- Make sure you have sufficient free space in the selected folder. 30% of the total size of the Forms/Reports delivered for analysis will be sufficient.
|Number of instances|| |
This option allows you to limit the number of objects held in memory before they are committed to disk during the save process of an analysis.
Please contact CAST Support before modifying this option.
Please see the Dependencies tab for more information about this.
Reference Pattern tab
Please see the Reference Pattern tab for more information about this.